Thursday, April 26, 2012

New York City

During my spring break, from March 22nd to April 2nd, I went to the USA for the first time to visit my best friend from Morocco who now goes to uni in DC.

I've been dreaming of NYC ever since I was 5 years old and well.. after 13 years it lived up to my expectations. What a dream!

We took a bus from Washington DC to NYC and spent the weekend there. Despite staying in an insanely creepy hostel in Chinatown which seemed like it belonged in a teenage slasher film, going to NY for the first time at 18 alone with two of my girl friends was a blast.

We met up with two of our former classmates (one of which goes to NYU and has an apartment on the 26th floor just around Times Square and meets the cast of Gossip Girl almost everyday on his way to uni, poor soul!), went out for brunch, went sightseeing, went on top of the Empire State Building, shopped on 5th avenue and in Soho, and just basically walked around in complete "omg, I'm in New York!" awe.

I plan on doing my Master at NYU when I'll be 22, and who knows, maybe have James Franco as my lecturer? Wouldn't mind one bit.





















Post about DC up next,

Camilla x

1 comment:

  1. I'm absolutely in love with these photographs, they're all so stunning. You are so lucky to have spent time in New York!
    x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...